Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, February 27, 2009

From This to This in Two Months Flat


It is so funny to me how much difference a couple of months makes in Idaho. The top picture I took today and the bottom picture was taken in May 2008. Huge difference. Thank goodness. I think last year we had 3 more feet of snow than we had this year so I know spring is right around the corner for me too. Which means it is time to kick the planning phase into overdrive and get my "to do" list prioritized and organized. I always have a big list, heck... I wake up with a list everyday. But this year some of my projects are doozies and I want to be prepared. Actually, I want the help (husband) to be prepared. If he knows way in advance all I want to accomplish, then he may humor me as none of it will be a surprise. Pretty sad to make a list to make the list. I am big on note taking (now, not when it mattered), so it helps me to bullet the items I want done with a clear list under each of the tasks and supplies needed. This year I may go for broke and add a time frame to my list. That ought to get his blood pressure up for sure. The "help" hates to have a time frame to live by. On second thought, maybe I will keep the time frame part on a private list and let him think it was all his idea while gently pushing him in my planned direction. See, I am may be learning after all.

10 comments:

  1. It's not too far off for you now! I do the same thing for my husband. I start telling him all of my great ideas to prepare him. I keep asking when he thinks we can get the compost delivered.
    I am a list maker too, lists to make lists are normal aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    Hum, guess I feel like help. Lets see Meg has school projects, I made a gun stock that looks like a musket a few nights ago. I need to hang some rods from the ceiling in the class room tomorrow. Oh the canvas frame I need to build. Last month I cut 16- 2' x 2' pieces of plywood for every kid in the class, I even got stuck with the bill. Where the heck are the parents of these rotten kids? open the can o worms :0

    Back to your yard, I can't believe how green it is. The only thing green here is the moss, the grass is still brown most places.

    My actual list for the weekend is make a curved concrete garden bench (at least start it) move some pea gravel to make a path in the garden and plant some seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, I think you must have approached things just right since it appears your hubby is still there to help;) I love how the May photo looks...such lovely land and mountains--and your green, lush grass looks inviting. In a few short months, there you'll be, living in that beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its weird huh? The difference a year makes. Right now everything is so dead and brown and bare here too and soon the green grass will come back in abundance and it will be gorgeous again. Soon. I can hope right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a vast difference. You've illustrated it so well in these photos, Heather. It's true. When spring does make her entrance we can kiss all free time good bye and we wouldn't have it any other way. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yard looks very good in green. :-) You are fortunate to have such beautiful trees in your yard. We have mostly just native pines here in our rocky clay ground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather, just caught up with your recent posts...Great May photo..soon! I'm impressed with your home canning, looks really great! I too have a wish list for my hubby...mainly a compost bin and guess what?..I just saw on his desk "How to Build..." papers...yippee!!! Maybe a birthday present surprise for me in April..double yippee! I added myself on your Follow list ok?
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather, just dropping in today from Crafty's blog here in Toronto. Can't wait for spring and gardening to start again. Ever been to Toronto?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. I do that too. I'm a total list kind of person. I make the lists for "me" to do, that way Cheesehead won't think I'm pressuring him into doing anything. He sees everything I want to get done and volunteers to help me get my list done. Isn't he sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting them to think it's THEIR idea is a great way to get your agenda accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your ideas, suggestions or greetings. I love to hear from you and read them all.
-Heather

About This Blog

We started this blog in Feb. of 2009 to help us stay motivated and to track our progess in the garden. We live on 5 acres surrounded by Idaho farmland. We have wildlife galore and are attempting to attract more in the bird catagory. This is our journal. Welcome!

Us

Us
Oregon Coast 2008

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP