Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snow, Snow, Go Away...

I have mentioned in earlier posts that I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring. Most generally I enjoy the heck out of winter but two long cold winters, back to back, are starting to wear me down. I have been blog-surfing a lot (which may be the understatement of the year), and looking at everyones green makes me feel like spring will eventually get to Idaho too. It's coming, jut not fast enough. If it's going to be this cold it may as well snow, then water would be a bonus this summer. These are two angle of the same raised bed garden, in two very different seasons. You can't even tell what is under all that snow. I can't wait to add more to my flower beds this coming year.
See how my scattered mind is working these days? I was talking about raised beds but my mind jumps to the flower bed in the picture. I am all over the place with my garden thoughts. Planning has always been half the fun for me, so I am still working on the garden room plan and will post progress on my draft later. Thank you to all of the folks who have sent their thoughts on the idea. I will definately be adding a curved stone path, a garden bench on a matching stone area nestled in the corner. I am getting excited.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry that you have so much winter out there! You were talking about a garden bench. Thanks for reminding me I'm going to build (pour) a curved one out of concrete mixed with creek rocks, green tint and inlaid with something. We built a bistro table last year like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The natural rock border in front of your raised beds is lovely. My sympathies on your snow! Be comforted that the days are getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fascinating for me to see your snow and the scenery surrounding your home. So very different from Georgia. I cannot wait until Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got excited just reading about your plans. I agree, planning is half the fun. Sometimes I make myself almost sick with a need to get outside and get those plans underway.

    Hang in there Heather. It's been a long winter for all of us but especially for you and other northers. It's sure been nice to share the long, dark days with fellow gardeners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your raised beds look so nice, and soon it will look like that again. It must be hard to have snow for so long. This time of year is fun though to start planning out projects. I always come up with a long list, and my poor husband just shakes his head since he knows he'll be doing a lot of the work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the snow pic Heather. It makes me think of home.
    I can not complain it is warm here today! In the 60's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your garden. So neat and inviting. I cant wait for the snow to go away! Well, im in NC right now so there isn't any but my gardens are still burried up in MI.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather, I thought I had "faved" your blog on Botanical a few days ago and it's not there so FYI, you're now on my Fav list...hope it's ok. Isn't it great to see pictures of green grass and flowers when the weather is sooo cold. My girls saw your goats and want them! And the line about the "spare" goat..so funny!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather, Your garden is wonderful! Even in snow but I think I can truly sympathize with you wishing for spring and summer. Never been to Idaho but I am thinking it a nice state, but with long winters? I really love the set up on this garden with the ornamental bed outside of it! Is that gray plant some kind of herb?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tina- the gray plant is Artemesia (wormwood). It is a woody shrub I was able to get around here and I liked the color difference to all the other green. It grew very well this year although I don't think it likes as much water as it got being on the edge of my veggie garden. I will remedy that this coming year with drip systems for the raised beds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very pretty! I grow the Powis Castle variety and hadn't seen this kind. So feathery. I am on my way out right now but will come back and explore some more. Have a great day! And thanks for checking in on our blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your ideas, suggestions or greetings. I love to hear from you and read them all.
-Heather

About This Blog

We started this blog in Feb. of 2009 to help us stay motivated and to track our progess in the garden. We live on 5 acres surrounded by Idaho farmland. We have wildlife galore and are attempting to attract more in the bird catagory. This is our journal. Welcome!

Us

Us
Oregon Coast 2008

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP