Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Facebook Addict


Well, I must admit, I swore I would never be a myspace or facebook kind of girl. When friends would ask me why I didn't have an account on either site, I had a biting remark about how old we were or how only the single and lonely were on. I am a jerk. I finally "get" why people do it. My best friend convinced me to get a Facebook account over the Christmas holiday and I have not regretted it yet. Ok, maybe for a while when I got hooked on some stupid game on there called Mobwars, that was a serious time sucker. But I love it. I have reconnected with so many friends from the past that I now can't imagine not having that site as a tool to keep in touch. It makes it simple and enjoyable. I am addicted like I never thought possible. I admit that I run home on my lunch hour to check it, although I tell everyone that I work with that I have to stoke the fire. Don't want my colleagues to know I am a junkie. I even babysit my nieces and they think facebook is Auntie Heather's special game. Here they are in front of my desk, I quickly moved them down to draw while I facebooked. You can even join a group that believes in Bigfoot. I kind of believe in Bigfoot so that's pretty cool if you ask me. I know, crazy huh? So if you ever have spare time (you will need it), and a desire to reconnect with those you may have lost touch with, this is it. It's even great to send a quick note off to Grandma if you can get her on here. And remember, don't be quick to judge us for our problem. Not all of us are in facebook rehab yet but I am sure the day is coming. At least it's fun in the meantime.

3 comments:

  1. Oh they are so cute!! Love this picture of Emma and Elle.... :)

    I believe in BigFoot a little too Heather...I think every Dunsmuir person does don't they?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll be getting a facebook account anytime soon, but I'm glad you are enjoying it. The girls look so big now. Tell Macey Happy Birthday, I know I'm a day late and I'm sorry.

    Love ya bunches,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally addicted to Facebook. I have reconnected with my college roommate, and she and I have fun taunting our best male friend from that time frame. My brother plays MobWars, but I prefer Celebrity Agent. It's very fun to connect with friends you used to know and to make new ones. I get to chat with my nieces much more than I did on the phone or via e-mail. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your ideas, suggestions or greetings. I love to hear from you and read them all.
-Heather

About This Blog

We started this blog in Feb. of 2009 to help us stay motivated and to track our progess in the garden. We live on 5 acres surrounded by Idaho farmland. We have wildlife galore and are attempting to attract more in the bird catagory. This is our journal. Welcome!

Us

Us
Oregon Coast 2008

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP