Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Sunday, October 11, 2009

My New Babies



Here they are! Down payment has been paid, the weaning will commence the last week of October! This cute little guy is Gator. The striping on his legs is where his moniker originates.




Here is a picture of me standing with one of their mom's and the two babies. Wanted you all to see how small they were. The boys should be 32" and 33-34" tall at full height. They are so very sweet and really love attention!




The boys will need to be cut when they are roughly one year old. So spring will be their unmanhood date. Poor fellas! But I don't plan to breed them so gelding them is a must.




The gal that has them now says they will be even sweeter when they have been handled a lot. I can't wait to play with them. They really are darling. Last night I got online and ordered halters and lead ropes along with a must have book for raising miniature donkeys. I am big on research so that will be how I spend the next couple weeks.




He is a closer look at Apollo, he is our other new baby! They really are so fun and I don't even have them home yet. We have already begun plans to expand the barnyard corral to accommodate both donkeys and pygmy goats. They need to be kept separated but near so the donkeys, who play rougher, won't hurt the goats.

I can't wait for the first week of November, that's when they come home to my house. Now we need a couple little tiny pigs and maybe some Dexter cows and the mini barnyard will be complete.

24 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh they are so adorable. I want babies too. For years I've said I wanted a baby farm but then they would grow up. Look what I could have with all of these little guys. Yes, definitely get some pigs. They are hilarious. That use to be my first stop at the county fair because one year we saw some just ripping all over the pen and running right over mama while she was trying to nap. I thought I was gonna wet my pants I laughed so hard!
    Great pics Heather - can't wait for you to get them home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... Heather, they are beautiful. Seeing these everyday is real tonic to calm anybody down.... ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,

    They are really cute and a lot of work to keep them up. I used to know a lady who kept 2 pigmy goats in her house, yes in her house. They were trained about like a dog is trained. Bet Doyle would love having them inside the house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I won't show this post to my boys! They've already asked for bunnies and chickens. Heather, what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our neighbors have 3 donkeys on their 12-acre property. Their grandchild enjoys petting them and feeding them carrots when she visits. They're shielded from us by a thick tree line so we hardly know they are there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love! OMG, they're going to be so much fun and Heather, your smile says it all! November hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely cute they are! I would fall in love with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather,
    A whole new adventure for you guys! I hope they bring you much joy, they are definitely very lovable looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word! What stinking sweet faces! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are absolutely adorable. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my god. I want to have some too!!!!! I saw the title of this post and got so excited.

    I LOVE the photo of you and the two babies. It's going to be so fun for you all! I can't wait to read more and see more of these two new additions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new babies, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather, Congratulations on the new additions to your family! They are so.o.o cute. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are going to be so much fun. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! You have such a wonderful farm. Congrats on your cute little loves! -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how lovely I bet you are so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sound so excited! I just know they are going to love their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How adorable. Are you going to use them for something specific? Don't you just love "babies"? They bring such joy and newness of life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Heather~~ These guys are adorable. Just perfect for little Baylee [I think was her name]. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heather, hello! and thanks for the welcome. Great site, warm and loving photos. Thanks for the smiles. I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling jacks! I love donkeys and look forward to all your donkey news! Wonderful, clever animals.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so cuddly. Lucky you. I've been around donkeys before. They are such love bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are my favorite farmer. i wish everyone would love animals like you do. They are very sweet babies and look at those faces. I learned a lot in this article. Who knew about this cutting stuff and all--not me. I would have thought the boys could stay gifted but I've never owned one. Looking forward to seeing them come home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your ideas, suggestions or greetings. I love to hear from you and read them all.
-Heather

About This Blog

We started this blog in Feb. of 2009 to help us stay motivated and to track our progess in the garden. We live on 5 acres surrounded by Idaho farmland. We have wildlife galore and are attempting to attract more in the bird catagory. This is our journal. Welcome!

Us

Us
Oregon Coast 2008

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP