Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Saturday, January 31, 2009

New to the blogging world

Well, we (I) have finally taken the blog plunge. This may not provide anyone with a single bit of interest but it will allow me to look back at my projects and see progress, I hope. I love to read blogs and have found many that have to do with my hobbies. I like to garden, scrapbook, stamp, stitch and read. I'll probably touch on many if not all of these topics in the future. We garden for many reasons. We like the idea of feeding our family the freshest, most healthy fare possible. We like it when people compliment our efforts, and we get offended when they tell us how to do it better. Constructive criticism isn't really our thing. We got pygmy goats this last May and really like them. Worthless though they may be. We plan to get egg laying chickens in the spring and will likely do a round of meat chickens too. We compost, have a beef in the freezer and I recently learned to can. We plan to add an orchard. We are trying to make a difference.
The plan is to let Maecy have a veggie stand this summer. We all think she can add to her college fund in short order if she is willing to put in some effort. We will see, she gets bored easy. Can't imagine where she gets that. (wink)
So we hope you will enjoy our journey. We will do our best to keep up on this blog. Pictures are my favorite things to see on other blogs so I am certain they will be prevalent here.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!
    Heather- good for you. I can not wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    Great job. I have a blog with google too. It is a lot of fun, hope you enjoy it.
    Love you,
    Aunt Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your ideas, suggestions or greetings. I love to hear from you and read them all.
-Heather

About This Blog

We started this blog in Feb. of 2009 to help us stay motivated and to track our progess in the garden. We live on 5 acres surrounded by Idaho farmland. We have wildlife galore and are attempting to attract more in the bird catagory. This is our journal. Welcome!

Us

Us
Oregon Coast 2008

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP